Thursday, September 17, 2015

Building West Adrigal Road for Legends of Adrigal

I had where West Adrigal Road is at in my mind. To the west is Dorter. To the east is Adrigal City. Meanwhile, the south is Mabel Road and Mabel, where Casey, our main protagonist, begins his journey in this dangerous land. North is a special shrine as well as alternate way to a winter wonderland that has to be named. This is where West Adrigal Road is on that makeshift world map I showed of the game last month. Note the red circle.


First off, I selected the proper size of the map. Unlike Mabel Road, I wanted a wide map instead of a tall map. Then, I created the river, based off of that map. The water to the right is the same water that surrounds the Adrigal City and its castle. Knowing this, I then made the dirt roads. Remember that a road made of dirt is going to need to look natural in order to not look out of place in this nature-like setting. It's the same for putting down trees, bushes, flowers, among other things. More on that later. After the paths were placed, this is what I had:


This second screenshot shows some added plateaus to the center of the map. This divides the north path from the south path, as well as houses a canyon path that can be reached from the south path near the center of the map. The cave is sealed tight, requiring the Bomb upgrade to blow open. Adding some trees to create a more dense map helped out considerably, and since I want the kingdom of Adrigal to not feel too isolated, I added a farm to the eastern portion of map as well as a tent to the farm's northwest.


For the final touches (at least to the south side of the river, lots of greenery and flowers were added. Some brush was included as well to give this road a natural feeling. Notice how the paths and river seldom are ever straight. It looks like it was modeled by nature and not by a human hand-- in this case, my own hand.


Thus, you have West Adrigal Road finished, save for its north side that I'll return to when I reach that point of Legends of Adrigal's scenario development.

No comments:

Post a Comment