Sunday, June 26, 2016

Chickadee is back in development! Here's a title screen concept!

Chickadee has resumed development after a relatively lengthy hiatus! Thanks to my programmer and fellow game developer Jo-Thijs Daelman, the project is back in business!

My first goals for the project now that it is back in development are to get some of the foundations done. For the time being, we have a working title screen. I gave Jo some direction on what I wanted-- Chickadee rolling onto the screen and the logo shifting from the right onto the screen--and he went above and beyond to make it. He even threw in the jumping animation for Chickadee, a very clever and adorable addition.

Coming up now is some more menu design, coming up with how the world select and level select systems will work, as well as implementing a shop that uses the coins collected by Chickadee to purchase items like costumes and extra lives! Jo is doing the proverbial heavy lifting here implementing everything, and his work is so very appreciated. Without him, I'd have nothing!

For now, however, check out this proof of concept video of the title screen. Pardon the amateur sound and production values, this was my first time recording my computer screen. Also, note that the background is only temporary.

No comments:

Post a Comment