Thursday, August 20, 2015

My presentation regarding my level design philosophy of Super Push Adventure

Hey gang! Time for that content to start rolling in! As those who know me already are aware of, Super Push Adventure was my first professional release as a game. The feedback has been tremendous, and while the download numbers aren't anything to back flip over, I am very proud of what I, my program Jo, and others who helped out accomplished.

This ten minute presentation occurred in either late June or early July (my memory forgets) at Riot Games in downtown Clayton, Missouri as part of the St. Louis Independent Game Developers Association (or STL IDGA for short) Microtalk event. I did what was essentially a short postmortem on Super Push Adventure, identifying my pattern of level design creation with regards to the game's tutorial and level progression. Two big name games were highlighted here, Super Mario 3D World and Donkey Kong Country. Let me know what you think about this brief telling of my tricks when developing Super Push Adventure!

The action begins around 10:26.

No comments:

Post a Comment