Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Introducing the main villain of Chickadee!

I've been sharing a lot from Chickadee, my Breakout-inspired game, this past week. My sharing continues with this look at the main villain of Chickadee. Who is he? He's none other than Dr. Egghead. In Chickadee, he bird-naps the entirety of Birdseed Village outside of Chickadee and Old Redbird the Cardinal. The latter serves as the Chickadee's guide throughout the baby chick's adventure. But what did Chickadee's village ever do to Dr. Egghead? What is the reasoning behind the mass bird-napping of the village's denizens? Find out when you play Chickadee!


The design of Dr. Egghead is simple enough, a face shrouded by a giant eggshell with eyes poked out. He dresses to impress with his cape, dress shirt, bowtie, and vest. His big eyebrows, handlebar mustache and crooked grin are what identifies this mad doctor outside of his professional garb.

His personality is quite eccentric, dare I say, mad. I mean, what else can you say about a man who wears a giant eggshell on his head? He likes egg puns, cackling laughter, and designing devilish ways to eliminate his enemies. But again, what does he want with Chickadee's friends? And why did he leave Chickadee and Old Redbird behind?

All of this makes for one egg-citing villain if I do say so myself!

No comments:

Post a Comment